New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Additional instance of player appearing

• OlySoftCIO
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Additional instance of player appearing was created by OlySoftCIO

Great extention. I'm building a site for another nonprofit atm but when I install this into my own website I'll be getting a license from you...good work deserves to be paid for. But onto my question:

I am using the player module with the 'related videos' button enabled. My goal is to basically get for the front page player, the same functionality that the player you have on your live demo has. However I seem to have two problems with it.

1) When the related video link is pressed, I get a list of videos that is 1 row tall instead of the tiled look that the player in the live demo has. How the heck to I fix this?

2) The other issue, and this one really boggles me. When one of the related videos are clicked, an instance of the player appears in another location in my template. This is absolutely NOT what I want...this is a make or break thing with this site. On the front page I need the player running in the template location it loads in at and no where else.

My intent is to add another instance of player as a menu link that will open up into a full screen player with a full gallery. The people I'm building the site for have lots of long and short videos they want to show. The smallish one on the front page is for a playlist of the videos they want to showcase and the bigger player will be for their full library.

I am very much hoping you can help me on this, your extension is fairly lightweight and seems to have all the functionality I need...and I am weary of trying out various and sundry extensions for this site.

Thanks;

Dave

Screenshot from 2012-06-28 21:05:57.png
11 years 10 months ago #1673

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Additional instance of player appearing

Actually your query is to get a page similar to allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/classical-demo. Am I right ?

Then, kindly check my another reply from allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/forum/13-cust.../590-custom-page-url

Could send your Live Page URL in where you're trying the effect. It would be more helpful for me to guide you.
11 years 10 months ago #1675

• OlySoftCIO
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by OlySoftCIO on topic Re: Additional instance of player appearing

Here ya go!

fencesforfido.zapto.org

I'm going to go check the link you sent me now, thanks!
11 years 10 months ago #1676

• OlySoftCIO
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Well, on that thread you have a link at:

allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/custom-player-page-url

This now gives a 404 error...page doesn't exist.

And while the explanation about the gallery thumbs and such may come in handy when I use this as a general player for their video library, it doesn't help so much now.

It doesn't explain how you have a more robust look with the video thumbnails gathered together in multiple columns/rows inside the video players window for the related content...nor why when a user clicks on one of them an entirely new instance of the player pops up in an entirely new area of my template. NOT the location I have it set to go into.

Thanks for the quick reply though! I am very hopeful that this can be resolved well. In case the quick-reply didn't work, the url for my site can be reached via dynamcDNS at:

fencesforfido.zapto.org

Thank you very much!

Dave
11 years 10 months ago #1677

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Additional instance of player appearing

Kindly open your Player Profile from Components - All Video Share - Players and add fencesforfido.zapto.org/ in the Custom Player Page URL field.

Hope, this solved your issue !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OlySoftCIO
11 years 10 months ago #1678

• OlySoftCIO
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I am really puzzeled by how this works for your coding method, but it certainly does work. I absolutely could not have that thing popping up elsewhere on the page like that, and using the URL at the bottom it works fine now.

So...now I just want to know how to get the 'related videos' to stack up neatly inside the player like your live demo does! That is stylin' and I wants it!

Peace;

Dave
11 years 10 months ago #1681

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies