New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Mobile device playback confusing

• James
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mobile device playback confusing was created by James

I've installed the player. All videos work great on laptop and Ipad. Have not tested Iphone yet. When I try to play a video from the gallery with Samsung/android device, it does not work. The videos are in H264 1280x720 30fps format, no sound. I can create a text link to one of the same gallery videos somewhere on my page and play the video via the android's default video player. I thought fallback did this automatically...am I missing something?
11 years 6 months ago #3253

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Mobile device playback confusing

We use HTML5 fallback for mobile devices. HTML5 requires H264 codec for Video and AAC codec for Audio. Since you have mentioned there is no Audio, probably the audio codec should be the cause for the issue.

Kindly check allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/forum/12-play...oes-not-show-it#2920 as the solution.
11 years 6 months ago #3258

• James
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by James on topic Re: Mobile device playback confusing

The video I created using that format without sound worked on the android device, the laptop and the Ipad. I used handbrake to encode the video. Then I used the same format for another video and it didn't work on the android. If it doesn't play within the player, when does fallback kick in? Is this device dependant? I can link to the videos outside of the player and the device default player will play the video... What is it that I am missing to get fallback to work? Is there some magic to encoding video as H264 mp4 standard?
11 years 6 months ago #3269

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Mobile device playback confusing

MP4 with H264 Video codec and AAC Audio codec is common for All devices and PCS. This is why, I recommended re-encoding your video using Handbrake. In my guess, still the issue should be with the encoding. Anyhow, kindly get me your Live Site URL in where I can check for the issue directly.
11 years 6 months ago #3270

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies