New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

FaceBook comment width problem

• Radu Mihai Mitrea
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

FaceBook comment width problem was created by Radu Mihai Mitrea

Hi
I was uploading some youtube videos on my gallery . After i inserted a few video i refresh my page and saw that the facebook comment is very small . I opened the firebug tool and i saw that the facebook comment box have a width of 100px
I don't know why this happend because i didn,t change nothing . The only thing that i did it was installing a plugin elite ads but i have disable the plugin and the width is the same and the plugin was install a few hours before this happend.
I changed the width to auto in firebug and get bigger again. The problem is that i cant't change the width because i don`t know were is this file. On firebug it says element.style
<div id="feedback_065z23bq6Fli4yS6g" style="width: 100px;">
Can someone help me and tell me where i can find the file so i can change the width.

Thank You
Sorry for my bad english i,m not a native speaker.
This is the link to my video gallery www.stiridepestetot.ro/home/index.php/fu...ite-si-cazaturi-2014
10 years 1 month ago #6689

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: FaceBook comment width problem

- Open {root}/components/com_allvideoshare/views/video/tmpl/default_comments.php

- You should see the Facebook comments plugin code in the file. Just edit the "data-width" property of the plugin code with your required size.

- That's it. Save the file to experience the changes.
10 years 1 month ago #6690

• Brady
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Brady on topic Re: FaceBook comment width problem

It looks like this may be a Facebook bug and I think they are still working on it.

developers.facebook.com/x/bugs/256568534516879/

I have located the data-width= code in my root, but when I add the size I want nothing happens. Any idea what I would need to input here?
10 years 1 month ago #6705

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: FaceBook comment width problem

I doubt you're adding the "data-width" attribute somewhere else. Kindly make sure you're doing this in default_comments.php where this attribute already exists. Just replace it with your width amount.

eg : data-width="600"
10 years 1 month ago #6706

• Radu Mihai Mitrea
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Radu Mihai Mitrea on topic Re: FaceBook comment width problem

Thank you . I did what you said and now is working now .
10 years 1 month ago #6707

• buko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by buko on topic Re: FaceBook comment width problem

I find out on my fresh install all was ok until i ticked responsive option in General settings so i tick responsive option off and facebook comments went back to normal. I believe developer should work on that great future.

Hope that help you

B)
10 years 1 month ago #6746

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies