New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Can't get specific video embedded

• Pat Vanden Bosche
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Pat Vanden Bosche on topic Can't get specific video embedded

I've checked and double checked the code used to display the videos, and made sure there are no forced spaces and that the syntax is as needed.  I disabled the extensions I've always used, but no sound comes out of my desktop for any of my videos in Opera (yes, the latest version).  They work fine in Chrome, and work fine on my Apple products.  

I'm attaching a partial screenshot of the main page of the site which is where the other video plays using a different video player.  This is an html5 player which is a popup in a lightbox.  

I'm not sure why this happens, but I don't think I'll get this working correctly without your help.  Any further suggestions?

The pages in question are:
What to do if exposed 
Wearing a mask correctly 
Testing site
3 years 3 months ago #9763

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pat Vanden Bosche
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

I also forgot to add my system is Windows 10, all up to date.  Sound comes out fine on other websites, so I ruled out it was my soundbar.  Youtube plays video with sound just fine too.
3 years 3 months ago #9764

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Can't get specific video embedded

I have checked in 3 different computers and confirm the audio works fine in all my Opera browsers.  I doubt you have muted volume for your website in your Opera browser settings.

1. Open your Opera Browser.
2. Go to settings/content/sound and make sure your website is not added to the "Mute" list.

If still, the issue remains, please try resetting your Opera browser settings.

Hope this solved your issue!
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Administrator.
3 years 3 months ago #9765

• Pat Vanden Bosche
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Sound was set to allow.  Sound played from websites, but not others, including my own dev sites.  I searched on the web and found where this has been an issue for several years.  No help there really.

After downloading and installing Vivaldi in desperation, I finally started playing with the settings in Opera.  I discovered if I allowed all cookies except in "no follow" mode, video sound played, including the videos I've embedded using All Video Share.  Now I know some of the videos are using cookies that I didn't even know about from my own site!  

Perhaps this is something you will want to put in your memory bank if anyone else comes across this issue.  Very interesting.  Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Administrator
3 years 3 months ago #9766

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies