New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

unable to upload video + considering pro version

• Joris Dijkema
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

unable to upload video + considering pro version was created by Joris Dijkema

Hi,

I am totally new with this plugin.

I have a problem uploading a video. I am using the free version, so i cannot try to use a youtube video to upload.

I tried to upload a mp4-file from my harddisk. It takes a time to upload and then the video is not added. It shows the screen of the Jooma control panel. It a 50 MB video file i tried to upload?

What i would like is to test a video in an article. I downloaded the free version to see whether the plugin is easy to use and not too complex. I was planning to buy the pro version but i am not sure whether i will have the same problem again. In the future i would like to use youtubevideo's in my articles.

What do i then have fill in when i for example would like to use this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyuuYXnRBxM
in an article.

And assume the upload was oke? Then i only have to add a short code in an article referring to this video. Like this:

{avsplayer videoid=1 playerid=1}

Is that correct?

Before i would buy pro version i also wonder this. Imagine someone would click on a video in of my of blogarticles. Then after he watched my youtubevideo youtube will also show similar videos or thumbnails from competitors. How can i prevent this?

Kind regards.

Betuwe
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Administrator.
6 years 9 months ago #8695

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: unable to upload video + considering pro version

1. Regarding Upload, Kindly refer allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/forum/14-gene...687-upload-size#5688

2. And what you guessed on adding YouTube video in article page is correct. You will just need to use the shortcode like {avsplayer videoid=1 playerid=1}

3. Regarding Related Videos in YouTube, No worries, we use their Iframe API to play their videos and only the configured Video will be played and no other videos will be given as a suggestion at the end of the playback. You can check this in our DEMO allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/demo/index.php/video/youtube
6 years 9 months ago #8696

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Craig on topic Re: unable to upload video + considering pro version

Forgive me if I am commenting on the wrong thread. I too am attempting to upload a video from my hard drive. I select "Upload From Hard Disk" in the "Type" but when I browse and select the video from my HD in the "Video" field, it does not actually do anything and the field is left blank. Since it is a required field, I am not able to move beyond that step.

Also, I have uploaded the video to the server using FileZilla and attempted to select the video by selecting "Direct URL" for "Type" then entering the "Absolute URL" in the "Video" field. Using this method appears to work, but the video player does show any video on the webpage.

I have attempted this with a couple different videos of varying sizes and types.

Is there a specific directory I should upload the video to? I created a folder named "Training" in my root directory. Should the absolute URL be www.mydomain.com/public_html/training/myvideo.mp4 or www.mydomain.com/training/myvideo.mp4

Thanks for any advice
6 years 2 months ago #8937

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: unable to upload video + considering pro version

@Craig,

Regarding "Upload From Hard Disk",

I guess you must be uploading videos larger than your server allows. Kindly check allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/forum/7-addin...o-uploading-issues#3

If still the issue remains, kindly email me your Joomla! admin access details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. So, I can check what goes wrong.

Regarding "Direct URL",

You can upload your videos inside any directory. For you, the video URL should be,
http://www.mydomain.com/training/myvideo.mp4
Kindly get me your site link in where I can check this directly.
6 years 2 months ago #8939

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Craig on topic Re: unable to upload video + considering pro version

Thank you, I actually resolved the problem by starting over. Uploaded using FileZilla then adding the direct URL again and it worked this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Administrator
6 years 2 months ago #8946

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies