New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Adding thumbnail after adding video gives white pa

• Kenneth Fribert
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5

Adding thumbnail after adding video gives white pa was created by Kenneth Fribert

I've just added three MP4 videos from a user, and I noticed that it didn't create thumbnails by itself, so I wanted to take some snapshots and add them.
But when I go and edit the videos, and add the thumbnail, and press save changes, it just gives me a white page, and the thumbnail is not added.
If I add the thumbnail from the start, it works...

Videos are at www.dkdb.dk/galleri/videogalleri , and are called Sigerslev Kalkværk X
The first has a thumbnail added from backend, the second does not have a thumbnail, and the third has it added from the beginning.

I just noticed in the backend, that uploaded videos are referenced by an absolute URL, that's not good, it should be a relative path.

Also I need a way to change 'owner' of the video, as I got the videos shared to me, as he couldn't figure out how to upload them, I uploaded them for him, but it should be his videos still. I'll do it for now through mysql, but that should be possible to do, at least from the backend.
Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
10 years 1 week ago #6845

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Adding thumbnail after adding video gives white pa

"Auto thumbnail" only works for YouTube videos and you need to add thumb images manually for other video types. Kindly check www.dkdb.dk/galleri/videogalleri . I have edited the second video and added the same thumb image of the first video to the second and It works fine. Kindly double check.

Note : Our next version will have option to change owner of the video.
10 years 1 week ago #6848

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies