New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

[J!2.5] Set public access to front-end upload form

• fede
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

[J!2.5] Set public access to front-end upload form was created by fede

Hi!

I'm working on a site at localhost, I've fully set up AllVideoShare on my Joomla 2.5 but... I want my visitors (non-logged users) to upload videos.

I mean, my site doesn't allow new registrations (There's no users on it), I want my "guests" to upload videos anonymously! But everytime I click on my Menu Item "Upload a video (Menu Item Type > User Layout)" I get "YOU_NEED_TO_REGISTER_TO_VIEW_THIS_PAGE" JText message (but in my language ^^).

How can I make that form visible for guests (non-logged) users?
I look at this file: components/com_allvideoshare/views/user/tmpl/default_add.php
and I've found:
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access'); 

if(!$this->user) {
	echo JText::_('YOU_NEED_TO_REGISTER_TO_VIEW_THIS_PAGE');
	return;
}
I've tried to delete that but the "you need to register to view this page" message is still showing.

Can you tell me which file to edit and how to do it, in order to allow my guests (non-logged) users to see and use the upload form? PLEASE! Thank you very much!

PD: The option "Access" on the Menu Item is "Public".
10 years 11 months ago #5620

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: [J!2.5] Set public access to front-end upload form

Sorry. Our current version only allow the registered users to upload their videos.

If you're providing permission for guest users to post their videos, then we will have to delete the "My Videos" tab and only have "Video Upload form" correct ?

Kindly upload your site to a server and get me your "Joomla admin" and "Server FTP" access details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, I can do this on my own.
10 years 11 months ago #5621

• fede
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by fede on topic Re: [J!2.5] Set public access to front-end upload form

Administrator wrote: If you're providing permission for guest users to post their videos, then we will have to delete the "My Videos" tab and only have "Video Upload form" correct ?

Exactly, "My Videos" tab should be "hidden" from the Video Upload form in this case.

I'm afraid this project is going to take a lot of time, and I won't upload it to a server soon.

Is there some other way to solve this? Don't you know if I can hotfix this by "tweaking" some file?

Thank you in advance!
10 years 11 months ago #5622

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: [J!2.5] Set public access to front-end upload form

Ok. What version of "All Video Share" do you use. So, I can update your requirement in our standard package and get back to you. Moreover, kindly confirm your mail ID too...
10 years 11 months ago #5634

• fede
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by fede on topic Re: [J!2.5] Set public access to front-end upload form

Administrator wrote: Ok. What version of "All Video Share" do you use. So, I can update your requirement in our standard package and get back to you. Moreover, kindly confirm your mail ID too...

The latest one I'm pretty sure, I'm using AVS for Joomla 2.5 ... Yes, It is :)
My mail? mm ok it's the same i'm using within this kunena account:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Is there some ETA? Or do I need to wait for your mail to download the files again?
Thank you very much for your time!
Once my project is done, and I convince my client to remove Mr. vinoth's logo from the player, i'll buy the licence, no doubt about that
10 years 11 months ago #5635

I've mailed the updated version :)
10 years 11 months ago #5637

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies