New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Direct URL?

• Jennifer C. Rundle
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13

Direct URL? was created by Jennifer C. Rundle

Sorry to bother you....

I have a large video which I have FTP'd to my server.
Do I use a Direct URL to get to it?
It is located in my root directory.
In the Video field, I have tried entering mydomain.com/video.mp4 and mydomain.com/video.mp4 and also I tried entering just video.mp4 with no results. It won't play the video.
What do I enter in the Video field?
And if the video.mp4 is on my server, is it correct for me to use Direct URL?
Thanks for any help.
Jen R.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kmcvickermarj and 3 other people also said thanks.
11 years 7 months ago #2836

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Direct URL?

Yes, it's recommended to use Direct URL method in this case. I understood the issue is with your Video File path.

Troubleshooting your Video File Path :

If you run your Video File Path directly in your browser, then your browser should play it (or) to download to your computer.

If you could get me your Joomla admin and Server FTP details, then I can help you in getting the correct path. Just mail those details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. along with this forum ink.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kmcvickermarj and 3 other people also said thanks.
11 years 7 months ago #2842

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies