New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

"Forbidden" when tryin gto save a video

• timtenn
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

"Forbidden" when tryin gto save a video was created by timtenn

Hi -
I am trying out your product, but I can't get any videos to save in the admin area. Every time I hit the "save" button, I get the following error. I am only experiencing this error with this component. Can you advise what the issue may be?

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /j25cms/administrator/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
11 years 8 months ago #2541

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: "Forbidden" when tryin gto save a video

You must have safe mode turned ON, which is the cause. You can disable it by either editing your .htaccess or php.ini file.

.htaccess
php_value safe_mode "1"
php.ini
safe_mode = Off

Your host should know how to disable safe mode and be able to disable it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yanceylava, kmcvickermarj and 6 other people also said thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Administrator.
11 years 8 months ago #2549

• timtenn
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by timtenn on topic Re: "Forbidden" when tryin gto save a video

so, i should create a php.ini file and put only one line of text in it that says "safe_mode = Off"

Also, should this be in the folder for the component or in the root of the joomla install, or the root of my www directory? Please give me some more direction.

Thank you!
11 years 8 months ago #2571

Just add php_value safe_mode "1" in the .htaccess file which could be found at the root of your Joomla install.

If it doesn't work, just contact your hosting company, who can do this for you...
The following user(s) said Thank You: yanceylava, kmcvickermarj and 6 other people also said thanks.
11 years 8 months ago #2572

• timtenn
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by timtenn on topic Re: "Forbidden" when tryin gto save a video

When I did that, it broke my site. I reached out to the host, and here's the response. I need your help please.

"Your developer can make PHP environment changes in a php.ini file in the directory where that script resides. If that's a Joomla frontend extension that would probably be your Joomla root directory. You can read more about the additional two or three directives your developer may need to add in the "php.ini Changes"
11 years 8 months ago #2573

Could you send me your Joomla admin and FTP details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So that, I can try it myself...
11 years 8 months ago #2574

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies