New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Moving Between Categories

• William Davies
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Moving Between Categories was created by William Davies

I have one main category and five sub-categories with approximately six videos in each sub-category.

However, when you play a video in one of the sub-categories there is no close or back button or any way to access the other sub-categories without using the back arrow in the browser.

Take a look for yourself -  imdren.com/index.php/videos

Any suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation
4 years 2 weeks ago #9616

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Moving Between Categories

The only solution at the moment is to use the breadcrumbs module that adds link to the main categories page. Kindly refer  https://docs.joomla.org/Help39:Extensions_Module_Manager_Breadcrumbs

Hope, this solved your issue!
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Administrator.
4 years 2 weeks ago #9617

• William Davies
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by William Davies on topic Moving Between Categories

Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

Yes I have tried the ‘Breadcrumb’ option you mentioned, and yes it does provide some additional functionality in this respect and that will have to do for the time being.

I have to be honest and say I’m a little disappointed that there is no functionality within your component itself to achieve this relatively straightforward and basic action. To use a Joomla solution in these circumstances is not ideal in itself, especially when it is used as a substitute for what  already should have been a core function of your component. To enable a ‘Breadcrumb’  Joomla Module to go back one page is not much better than using the back arrow on  the browser. 

Fortunately, the site your component is  deployed on is only a development one, so at the moment it is not  of great importance. I will check out other solutions. 

In any event I appreciate you taking the time to answer my original post and offering a solution. 
4 years 1 week ago #9620

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Moving Between Categories

We will send you a patch in 18hrs with a back button in the single category page. Please be patient.
4 years 1 week ago #9621

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies