New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

# Videos Displayed in Category and Navigation

• Bob Meetin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

# Videos Displayed in Category and Navigation was created by Bob Meetin

I'm building a site which I believe will have many members submitting videos. As it grows I'll add more categories to meet the community needs.

The potential problem I see is that even with lots of categories there could easily be hundreds of videos in a category making for both slow loading pages and too much to view in a glance.

Are you planning to add any option to add a admin-defined limit per page, then possibly some pagination to view more. I don't know, could be alphabetical or other pagination?
11 years 8 months ago #2755

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: # Videos Displayed in Category and Navigation

Already, Our component has support for Pagination. Kindly check the Live Demo in allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/category-layout-of-the-component
11 years 8 months ago #2756

• Key
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Key on topic Re: # Videos Displayed in Category and Navigation

Simple question - why is there no pagination in the gallery module?:(
11 years 7 months ago #2888

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: # Videos Displayed in Category and Navigation

Joomla! have issues in handling multiple pagination(JPagination) per page. So, we added More button for modules instead of pagination.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Administrator.
11 years 7 months ago #2889

• Key
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Key on topic Re: # Videos Displayed in Category and Navigation

Thanks for your answer. Do you mean there are issues for pagination with the same component? I have some cases where more than one module with pagination works fine. And another video gallery xxxxxxx has the pagination on its gallery module. Is there some workaround, so that the gallery pagination could be used?
11 years 7 months ago #2890

Very sorry, we don't have any plan of adding pagination for modules.

Instead, we have a better solution for modules which we have planned for our next version. Instead of a normal More button, we are going to add a YouTube like Ajax based Show More results button. Hope, you would like this...
11 years 7 months ago #2891

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies