New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

DB function reports no errors...but not successful

• Robert Manner
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

DB function reports no errors...but not successful was created by Robert Manner

After installing the actual plugin i receive:
Component Install: DB function reports no errors
Error installing component
What could I do?
11 years 7 months ago #2934

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: DB function reports no errors...but not successful

Did you tried to uninstall the component manually and re-install again ? You need to edit your Database in order to fix the issue.

1. Log on to your hosting account, control panel or whatever and click on the phpMyAdmin icon (I can't tell you where it is because that varies according to web host). You will need to login to your phpMyAdmin account.

2. Once logged in to phpMyAdmin click on the database which corresponds to the Joomla site.

3. Let me keep your DB prefix is 'jos'. Then, click on 'jos_assets' table.

4. Look in the list on the pane to the right and find 'com_allvideoshare'. Make sure you are absolutely sure about the name of the component before you delete it because deleting other component assets could have devastation effects on you site.

Additional:

One last thing, if it does not work remember to:
1) Clear you web browser cache
2) Clear the Joomla cache (from the administrator backend)
3) Do a global checkin (Site > Maintenance > Global Checkin)

If you could send me your Joomla admin and CPanel details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., then I can fix the issue on my own.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Manner
11 years 7 months ago #2935

• Robert Manner
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by Robert Manner on topic Re: DB function reports no errors...but not successful

Thanks for the quick reply.
As It is not jos_ what would I have to change?
11 years 7 months ago #2936

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: DB function reports no errors...but not successful

jos_ is just an example. It's a Database prefix value that you provided during your Joomla! installation. Could you at-least mail me the screenshot of your Joomla! Database to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, I can check for your DB Prefix and guide you exactly...
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Administrator.
11 years 7 months ago #2937

• Robert Manner
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by Robert Manner on topic Re: DB function reports no errors...but not successful

After I deleted again the tables plus the entry in the xxx_assets table I was able to install correctly. Thanks very much for the precise help.
11 years 7 months ago #2938

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies