New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Can video play straight from thumbnail link?

• DocAuto
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Can video play straight from thumbnail link? was created by DocAuto

Hello,

I've followed the Third Part Plugin instructions and embedded the code from a Wistia (online streaming service) video.

My question/concern is, does the video have to play from a custom player page URL? I would like to display my gallery in categories and have the videos play within a popover lightbox. The embedded code does this however the thumbnail link forces the user to a new page, where he/she must click the video again to then have it popover within the lightbox. Perhaps I am not applying All Video Share's features appropriately, but I really just want a gallery of video thumbnail links that will play based on the embedded Wistia code.

Is this possible?

Thank you.
10 years 6 months ago #6220

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Can video play straight from thumbnail link?

Actually, "All Video Share" doesn't have popup feature. But I can help you in this case.

You've said that the embedded code itself has this feature which is confusing. Could you get me your Live site URL to check this and get a proper solution ?
10 years 6 months ago #6221

• DocAuto
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by DocAuto on topic Re: Can video play straight from thumbnail link?

I am currently testing the gallery here dev.docauto.com/index.php/resources-main...u/test-video-library

The embedded code has this script
<script charset="ISO-8859-1" src=" fast.wistia.com/assets/external/popover-v1.js "> which creates the lightbox.
10 years 6 months ago #6222

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Can video play straight from thumbnail link?

Aah....sorry, this is not possible through our current version. You will have to alter the code in the gallery view by pointing to the embed-script instead of the page link.
10 years 6 months ago #6223

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies