New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Adverts not playing?

• Christopher J. Parkinson
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Adverts not playing? was created by Christopher J. Parkinson

Why are the adverts not playing?
communitysportsmatters.com/index.php/cameras
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Administrator.
4 months 2 weeks ago #10181

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Adverts not playing?

Sorry, the adverts work only on the self-hosted videos. But, the link above plays a YouTube video and the ads will not work in the YouTube videos.
4 months 2 weeks ago #10183

• Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by Christopher J. Parkinson on topic Adverts not playing?

ok wait, so the only times Ads work from your system is when I upload a video to my server?  
I am sure this worked before on earlier versions, I had tested it, I thought that we were able to put ads on YouTube and I also updated it because I thought this was a feature and you had updated the user being able to upload their own advertisements. 
Will the Ads work in an IFrame as you suggested in a different ticket? 

what needs to be done to repair this? Do you recall having this discussion with Social Ads from Techjoomla about adding your pre-roll and post-roll ads to their existing ad system ... 
it's important we get these VAST ads implemented,  with youtube and playlists. 
4 months 2 weeks ago #10184

• Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by Christopher J. Parkinson on topic Adverts not playing?

I have uploaded a video in addition to the YouTube video
communitysportsmatters.com/index.php/cameras/manage-videos

Do the advertisements need to be native as well?  If so How do I increase the Upload file size? 
4 months 2 weeks ago #10185

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Adverts not playing?

1. Ok wait, so the only times Ads work from your system is when I upload a video to my server?  
Yes, you are correct.

2. I am sure this worked before on earlier versions, I had tested it, I thought that we were able to put ads on YouTube and I also updated it because I thought this was a feature and you had updated the user being able to upload their own advertisements. 
Yes, we had support for ads on YouTube videos in our earlier versions. But, sorry we are forced to disable this feature in our later versions since it is against the YouTube's TOS. 

3. Will the Ads work in an IFrame as you suggested in a different ticket? 
Sorry, the ads will never work in a Iframe. Coud you please share with us content of the discussion we had. May be we have suggested a different solution.

4. Do you recall having this discussion with Social Ads from Techjoomla about adding your pre-roll and post-roll ads to their existing ad system
The "Social Ads" from Techjoomla is a different component and we finally discussed about this on May 22, 2023 . I have attached our reply to your question below but we never received any reply from you.

https://techjoomla.com/documentation/socialads/multi-site-ad-delivery
The above link explains about adding HTML ADS. But, there is another format of ads called VIDEO ADS and they are generally served in the VAST format https://www.iab.com/guidelines/vast/
VAST is a global standard for delivering and playing ads on video content. Does the component on the link support VAST? If yes, you can simply configure their VAST URL in our component's configuration menu and start showing the ads. Kindly write to the concerned component author on this and ask if they can deliver the ADS in VAST format.
If not this must be custom developed :-(

5. Do the advertisements need to be native as well?  If so How do I increase the Upload file size? 
Yes, the advertisements also needs to be native.  Kindly check  https://allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/forum/7-adding-videos/3-video-uploading-issues#3  to increase your upload file size. But, generally the advertisement videos should be as small as possible. So, kindly consider this when adding the advertisement videos.
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Administrator.
4 months 1 week ago #10186

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies