New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

A change I made, requesting for the future

• JimBits
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

A change I made, requesting for the future was created by JimBits

Good day!
I thoroughly appreciate the new features  that have come with All Video Share for Joomla 4. The popups are great - they're clean and attractive.
I have created an override in my template for components\com_allvideoshare\tmpl\player\html5.php. I'll make a note to myself not to do any updates to All Video Share until I'm sure this works in the updated version of the component. Here's the problem I've run into.
I use several video galleries. If I set the gallery videos to open in a page, they opened in a component page with the home page modules. (Mind you, I've managed to make another component (4SEF) work with this one for the most part, so the problem might have to do with that.) I opted instead to open them in popups, but I still wanted the description for each video. With some custom CSS in the head to control the layout, I placed some code just before </body> in  components\com_allvideoshare\tmpl\player\html5.php.  You'll see that in the attached. I would request that the description be an option for the popup for a future version. If others request it as well, we'll know it's worth developing. If I'm the only one, I'll just keep working with overrides.
Twyla for JimBits Solutions
9 months 3 weeks ago #10112

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic A change I made, requesting for the future

I really appreciate your suggestion. Our next version is released today in a few hours. I promise the version next to this will have the option to show description in the popup mode. Kindly be patient.
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Administrator.
9 months 3 weeks ago #10113

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies