New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Inserting Videos into Articles

• David McCray
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Inserting Videos into Articles was created by David McCray

Hi<
I have read the forums and can't quite grasp how to just place a video in an article. I have a Training Website with about 100 videos in separate categories.
I have all of that working fine. I understand that you need a category to add a video, but  I want to display a video on another page of my website.
When I add a category to do so, It adds the video into my other training videos page. Is there a way to select what categories are displayed on what pages?
I saw the documentation on how to use the plugin, and add a video by using {avsplayer videoid=3 playerid=3}, but I do not want it to pull the video from my training categories,
It would be nice if I could just give it a path to the video. I am in the middle of evaluation and hope to purchase soon, but I need to get this all working as expected foirst.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
3 years 3 months ago #9773

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Inserting Videos into Articles

1. When I add a category to do so, It adds the video into my other training videos page. Is there a way to select what categories are displayed on what pages?

If possible, could you please explain this using some example links on your website? Yes, you can create pages by specific video categories. Please refer to this tutorial  allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/adding-the-component-as-a-menu-item

2. I saw the documentation on how to use the plugin, and add a video by using {avsplayer videoid=3 playerid=3}, but I do not want it to pull the video from my training categories, It would be nice if I could just give it a path to the video. I am in the middle of evaluation and hope to purchase soon, but I need to get this all working as expected foirst.

Sorry,  our current shortcode version doesn't accept a direct video file path.  But, this is one of the most asked feature. I promise our next version released by January can do this.

Note: As a quick solution, we will email you a patch within 24hrs that accepts the direct file path in the shortcode.

The following user(s) said Thank You: David McCray
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Administrator.
3 years 3 months ago #9774

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Inserting Videos into Articles

We have emailed the patch as promised. Please check and confirm.
3 years 3 months ago #9775

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies