New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Question about paid development for AVS

• Eric Caldwell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Question about paid development for AVS was created by Eric Caldwell

:)

Hey, I have a client who wants to build a video library for a medical site but, some they need some features. I don't see a way to contact the developer(s) so, I'll lay it out here.

What we need is the ability to insert FLV and MP4 advertisement videos before the main video starts. We see this as being an additional video select when setting up a video or, a way to (via a video add parameter) to chose another video to insert before playing the selected video.

The other item my client would like is a module that would take the attached image for each video and if the video is favored, have the module use some nice JS effects (like iTunes) to scroll though the artwork, then be able to click on on an image and have the video start playing.

Lastly, being able to set a parameter in the video (or passing it via URL) to have the video appear in a modal.

This would all be funded work that can be contributed to the core player system. If the devs are up for it, I have a client who needs a great video system!

Thanks!
10 years 10 months ago #5788

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Question about paid development for AVS

1. Did you tried our latest 2.1.0 version ? It has support for pre and post video advertisements. Kindly check it up.

2. This is already possible using our gallery module but it doesn't come up with carousel effect you look for. But, we can customize this for you at additional cost.

3. Do you like to open the video in modal window. Generally, the video open in separate page. I'm not sure where and how you need this. Could you please explain this little more ?
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Administrator.
10 years 10 months ago #5789

• Eric Caldwell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Eric Caldwell on topic Re: Question about paid development for AVS

Thanks for the quick reply! Let me get some items into place with the client and get the ball rolling here for module customization. I'll point out an example of what they are looking for.

As for modal, we like it because it allows the user to stay on a specific page while watching a video. To be more specific, where we would like to use this (sorry for my omission last night) is when embedding a video in an article. We see there is a plugin for content but, we were scratching our head trying to figure out how to embed a video in an article, then it hit us that is where we would like to initiate the modal.

The reason for the modal is that the site we want to use this awesome product on has 66,000 pages of Joomla articles. The challenge is that once content hits the site, its buried, especially all the videos. So, we want to develop a gallery and use the gallery to embed the videos in articles this way they are managed in 1 place.

When reading the article, we want to be able to keep the user on that page (since there are 66,000 pages) to keep them from having to navigate back to where they were.

The site we're targeting is Urotoday.com

P.S. This is a great client who does not mind funding development at all!
10 years 10 months ago #5790

• Eric Caldwell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

P.S. Could you tell me how the video (pre and post) work? I can't see on the video General settings screen where you can select an advertisement to inject into the stream. :)
10 years 10 months ago #5791

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Question about paid development for AVS

Regarding Advertisements,

- Kindly add your advertisement videos under Components => All Video Share => Advertisements

- Then enable Preroll / Postroll ads for your player profile under Components => All Video Share => Players

You cannot add a specific advert for a specific video. Our Ad engine will choose the ad videos random from the database. In future, we have planned to add advertisement videos based on category.

Regarding gallery in article pages,

- Thanks for explaining it well. Kindly mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. along with this post ID to get the quote.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric Caldwell
10 years 10 months ago #5792

• Eric Caldwell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Hmm.. thanks for the info. While being able to chose an ad per video would be preferable, we could possibly make ad per category work. We might have to resort to customizing the core due to this requirement.

What about adding videos in articles that are stored in the gallery? Any plans for a WYSIWYG button?

Also, would any funding help move these two items along?

Thanks!!
10 years 10 months ago #5793

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies