New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Editing from the front end

• Simon Rodway
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Editing from the front end was created by Simon Rodway

Hi
This is a pre-sales question really. I downloaded the free version, and it looks ideal for my site, as it gives registered users the ability to put videos into the front end, without having to embed code, which is obviously a potential risk, so many thanks for your extension, and I will be buying the paid for version.
I did encounter a problem (or restriction) when I tried to edit from the front end however. I'm guessing this isn't allowed? Or have I missed something?
10 years 11 months ago #5664

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Editing from the front end

I did encounter a problem (or restriction) when I tried to edit from the front end however. I'm guessing this isn't allowed? Or have I missed something?

Sorry about my understanding. To be honest, I'm not clear on your above query. Could you please explain it little more ?
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Administrator.
10 years 11 months ago #5665

• Simon Rodway
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Simon Rodway on topic Re: Editing from the front end

Hi
Its just a problem with editing a video on the front end. When I try to save I get an error message saying I don't have permission to do this. I'll take a look at it and get back to you if I can't solve it, as I suspect its something to do with ACL in Joomla.
Thanks for your quick response.
10 years 11 months ago #5672

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Editing from the front end

I guess you're using "mod_security" which could be the problem. Possibly "mod_security" block the size of the POST. When you add a video, much data are passed in POST, and it's possible that "mod_security" detect that as a security leak. Try to configure it to allow more data. You can also contact your Hosting company to do this ...
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Administrator.
10 years 11 months ago #5673

• Simon Rodway
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Simon Rodway on topic Re: Editing from the front end

Okay, thank you. I'll look into it.
10 years 11 months ago #5674

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies