New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Is there a Javascript API / events for the player?

• one zero
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Is there a Javascript API / events for the player? was created by one zero

Hello,

I'm creating a website based on joomla at the moment where we need a video player.

AllVideoShare seems great especially since it got the Video Gallery Module which we really need.

One thing that is a bit sad is that there is no support for playlists, but I was wondering if there is a JavaScript API or events which could trigger scripts once the playback ends or something?

That way the page could be reloaded with a different video to create continous playback, sort of like a playlist.

Is there anything like that in AllVideoShare? Or how could I go about to get continous playback of all the videos in the database? Any ideas?

This function is very important for us, and if there is a way to get it to work with allvideoshare we will definetely buy a commercial license.
11 years 5 months ago #4319

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Is there a Javascript API / events for the player?

Yes, we have support for Playlist inside the Player. We have designed it with the inspiration of YouTube. Kindly check allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/classical-demo and click the Playlist icon from Player's control-bar.

But, the option that you required to play the videos in sequence is not available in our extension for the following reasons,

1. We have Option to Share the Player itself to Facebook. Technically, this option is not possible without refreshing the Page since Facebook needs some specific Meta tags for each videos.

2. We have support for "Third Party Embed Code" method. This could not be achieved without re-loading the page.

3. There is a proved issue with High CPU usage while the flash player is pushed to load videos in sequence.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Administrator.
11 years 5 months ago #4422

• one zero
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by one zero on topic Re: Is there a Javascript API / events for the player?

Yea I already read that reply somewhere else in this forum =)...

But are the some sort of javascript events that can be listened for in code to reload the page once playback ends or something?

Many of the other available flash video players have something like that, so I was wondering if there is anything like that in allvideoshare?

Unfortunately for our project we cannot use Youtube or outside hosting, as the Videos will be exclusive to our platform. But we require some sort of playlist which I'm willing to program if needed, but for that I would at least need those javascript events or the ability to control the player with javascript etc.
11 years 5 months ago #4429

• one zero
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by one zero on topic Re: Is there a Javascript API / events for the player?

What I would like to do is to program a playlist OUTSIDE of the player and then feed it into the player sort of.

Playing Video #1 in the playlist, then refreshring the page with a different video as parameter (aka complete reload of the website just with different parameters for the javascript/php).
11 years 5 months ago #4430

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Is there a Javascript API / events for the player?

Very sorry. Currently we don't have added any JavaScript API / events to the extension. Anyhow, I will take this into a discussion with our team members for future updates.
11 years 5 months ago #4436

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies