New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Thumbnail Help

• Michelle Zuccarelli, Zucci INK
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Thumbnail Help was created by Michelle Zuccarelli, Zucci INK

I am attempting to create simple icons to use as video category thumbnails for a high school video gallery project. My videos are hosted on vimeo and use third party embed code. Vimeo does not seem to allow you to link to a thumbnail jpg.

Please refer to my test page where I've set your demo style gallery with module player: www.bishop-hartley.org/index.php/bhhs-pa...ut-parent-university

I created two jpg images: one for video category "leadership" the other for "parenting". I uploaded these and they are as follows: /media/com_allvideoshare/leadership/Thumbnail-leadership.jpg and /media/com_allvideoshare/parenting/Thumbnail-parent.jpg.

I had no trouble assigning the url for the Thumbnail-leadership.jpg image, as you can see, for the video featured. But when I do the same for the Thumbnail-parent.jpg, I am getting this error:

THUMB : The file extension JPG is not allowed!

Can you advise?
Thank you...
11 years 5 months ago #3298

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Thumbnail Help

Do you mean "/media/com_allvideoshare/parenting/Thumbnail-parent.jpg" is not allowed by our extension ?

It's strange. Do you have any space (" ") at the end of the image input ? Anyhow, please mail me your Joomla! admin details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, I can troubleshoot the issue directly.
11 years 5 months ago #3299

• Michelle Zuccarelli, Zucci INK
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Michelle Zuccarelli, Zucci INK on topic Re: Thumbnail Help

Thank you!! There was indeed a single blank space added at the end of my .jpg extension. I was careful to only select and paste the precise url into the thumb field but when I followed your suggestion, I found that there was a space at the end. I so appreciate your help...
11 years 5 months ago #3305

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies