New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

All Video Share Search Results

• Tom
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

All Video Share Search Results was created by Tom

Hi there,

I am currently struggling to find any help or documentation on the allvideosharesearch module. The problem I am having is that the results page is defaulting to my joomla template without any of my menu items or other modules appearing. This is because there is no 'search results' menu item to assign certain modules to.

This means that my menus, navigations etc have disappeared when the video search results come up, as well as when I click on a video to play (apart from that tho, the player page looks great)

davemason.co.nz/joomla/index.php?option=...icle&id=68&Itemid=99
11 years 7 months ago #2932

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: All Video Share Search Results

I understood the issue. Could you please mail me your Server's FTP details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, I can fix it on my own...
11 years 7 months ago #2933

• Tom
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by Tom on topic Re: All Video Share Search Results

Hi there and thanks for the help - I managed to fix this issue.
Another big problem I am having is that I can't find a way to exclude videos from the search results. There are double ups of my videos because I have added them again to additional gallery modules so that viewers can browse for the videos both alphabetically and chronologically.
Is there a way to exclude categories from the search results when I type in a keyword/title?

The link to the site is here, with the search box on the side. Under CAREERS top button, the browse pages are BROWSE BY SERIES or BROWSE CAREERS A-Z

Thanks for your help!
11 years 7 months ago #2995

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: All Video Share Search Results

1. Just open {root} / components / com_allvideoshare / models / search.php

2. Search for
$query    = "SELECT * FROM #__allvideoshare_videos WHERE published=1 AND (title LIKE '%$search%' OR category LIKE '%$search%' OR tags LIKE '%$search%')";
3. Replace it as
$query    = "SELECT * FROM #__allvideoshare_videos WHERE published=1 AND (title LIKE '%$search%' OR tags LIKE '%$search%')";
Note : The same query will be used in two functions of the page. So, you will have to replace the code in both the functions.

Hope, this fixed your issue ...
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Administrator.
11 years 7 months ago #2998

• Tom
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by Tom on topic Re: All Video Share Search Results

Wow, Awesome, thanks!
I removed the
"title LIKE '%$search%' OR category LIKE '%$search%' OR "
part of the code, as I only put tags on the first lot of videos, not the duplicates. This means the search engine is only searching through the tags, so I'm not doubling up on the results.
(For anybody else having trouble with this)

Once again - thank you, and I will be buying the license before the site launches.
11 years 7 months ago #3007

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies