New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Videos on mobile devices are slow to start playing

• Allan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Videos on mobile devices are slow to start playing was created by Allan

Hello. I'm trying to make my local videos work properly on mobile devices. It's working well only on browsers. On mobile phones, it tooks about 3 minutes to start playing, and after that, there's much lag and "loading" pauses.

Here is what I have:
A Joomla 3 website, with an private area (K2 categories/items), each item with about 5 videos (all mp4) per page. Each video with 15min (200mb) size. I put some htaccess to block users to downlaod it directly. I have some videos in a public area, 1 video in each page, about 15 min (200mb) size. There's no htaccess blocking in this case.

The problem:
I have to wait about 3 minutes to the video starts playing. And then, there's a bunch of lags, pauses and loadings, even on plubic video area.

What I tried:
Put only one video per page. Same error
Remove htaccess. Same error
Put an youtube video with the others 5 videos. The youtube video plays after a while, without lagging.
Put an youtube video alone. Works well.
Put a smaller (25mb) video with the others 5 videos. Same error
Put a smaller (25mb) video alone. Same error.
Tried to use QTIndexSwapper 2, and it says "Error: MOOV is in proper place, processing not needed."

Remember, it's happening only no mobile.
I don't know what to do. My website is in offline mode, so I need instructions about how to grant access to some admin over here.

Thank you and sorry about my english.
8 years 7 months ago #7870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Videos on mobile devices are slow to start playing

In mobiles, we just provide fall-back to your mobile browser's built-in Video player and the video is played by your mobile itself and not our custom player. Did you tried the same with some other mobile devices? Is there any possible you can share me your Video link. So, I can inspect the encoding settings.
8 years 7 months ago #7872

• Allan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Allan on topic Re: Videos on mobile devices are slow to start playing

Please send me an email so I can provide you some credentials.
8 years 7 months ago #7873

• Allan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Allan on topic Re: Videos on mobile devices are slow to start playing

I'm sorry for the double reply. I forgot to tell you that I tested on Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 and in a Galaxy Tab 2
8 years 7 months ago #7874

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Videos on mobile devices are slow to start playing

Kindly mail us your credentials to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
8 years 7 months ago #7875

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies