New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Black, long time buffering

• A Gabby
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Black, long time buffering was created by A Gabby

Hello,

I've searched this question and some users do not seem to have resolved this issue. But, when my video starts.. it buffers for at least 10 seconds (too long), and it's a black background until the video begins.

This does not occur while playing off line, nor on You Tube. My goal is to use this video as a test.. b4 I upload my others, and purchasing. It's a much simpler extension to use than the others I've uploaded then deleted..

There has to be a reason.. in the player.. I think its in the delayed buffering.. I hope you can help. Thanks
9 years 4 months ago #7373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Black, long time buffering

Kindly get me your site link in where I can check this.

Also, make sure that the media is encoded with web optimization. This puts the metadata at the start of the file. Since Flash can only download the file from the start through to the end, it will wait for the metadata before bursting into life. Otherwise all the maths is impossible since the duration is unknown.

If you use Handbrake, then you select the normal profile and then select the web optimized check box. Tweak the size if you need and then encode it.
handbrake.fr/
9 years 4 months ago #7374

• A Gabby
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by A Gabby on topic Re: Black, long time buffering

Hello.. unfortunately, my site is not live yet. Still designing.. its an MP4.. saved via Movie Maker in all the formats.. but I can't recall which other file I used Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.. save it as MP4 and did not have this problem.

I tried to use Handbrake and its too confusing for me.. I don't want to spend too much time doing this.. just want something simple.. Thanks
9 years 4 months ago #7375

Handbrake is the most popular FREE transcoder and it's very easy to use. I'm not sure why you confuse with it.

Alternate solution : allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/forum/7-addin...limit=6&start=6#1434
9 years 4 months ago #7377

• A Gabby
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by A Gabby on topic Re: Black, long time buffering

Hello,

Yes its easy to use if you know what everything means.. I watched a Youtube video that gave step by step instructions.

Yes, it stopped the long buffering.. but I still get the 2 secs of blackness after.. started before as well.. It seems as though its a quick break b4 the image actually shows when the video is complete.. there is a 2 sec lag before and after..

Any suggestions. Thanks

Agabby
9 years 4 months ago #7381

Kindly get me your site link in where I can check this.
9 years 4 months ago #7390

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies