New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Iphone video plays sideways

• Sondra Boone
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Iphone video plays sideways was created by Sondra Boone

I've just installed your component (love it so far!!) and may be purchasing the pro version, but I was wondering two things. One when a video that was recorded on the iphone in landscape mode is uploaded, it plays sideways on the player. Is there a setting or something I can do to correct this? It plays correctly in Quicktime on the mac.

The second question I have is there a way to show the first frame of the video in the player instead of a black screen with an arrow?

website is www.seleonbergerclub.com Only registered members can view or ad videos...I'm happy to send you user details by private message or email. I'm also happy to provide the video clip.

Thanks so much for your help!

Sondra Boone
9 years 7 months ago #7251

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Iphone video plays sideways

Regarding first issue,

- It plays sideways on the player ? Kindly get me the access to check the video in front-end.

Regarding second issue,

- It is not possible to show first frame automatically. Instead, you can add an image file in the "Preview" field of the video form(Components - All Video Share - Videos - New / Edit) and achieve the same.
9 years 7 months ago #7252

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by peppesba on topic Re: Iphone video plays sideways

Hi,
regarding the first point I have the same problem on my IPad (first, very first version) and I think it can depend by the old version of IOS (5.1.1) because on a different mobile (such as an Iphone 6 and IOS 7th) the player looks well.
Joseph
9 years 2 months ago #7525

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies