New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Video not auto-playing with IE 11+ on Windows v8

• Anne Anderson
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Video not auto-playing with IE 11+ on Windows v8 was created by Anne Anderson

Hi.

I'm running a video on the home page of this site: www.mi-neurosurgery.com

It doesn't auto play on the Windows 8 OS using IE 11+

Player controls show up although they don't show up on other OS' and browsers.

I am using Direct URL. The video is loaded up to the same server the web site is running from.

Thanks for your help!

Anne
9 years 8 months ago #7191

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Video not auto-playing with IE 11+ on Windows v8

IE 10+ in windows 8 have limited support for flash. So, we provide HTML5 fallback in such browsers to play the video. It mean the video will be played by the browser's player itself. So, none of our custom player settings will work. Kindly get me your server FTP access details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, I can add AutoPlay option for the HTML5 version in IE.
9 years 8 months ago #7194

• GreenixMKTG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by GreenixMKTG on topic Re: Video not auto-playing with IE 11+ on Windows v8

Pardon the piggy back post.

I am having the same issue also with IE11, but ok in other browsers, I am getting this error:

Error: Unsupported video type or invalid file path

Can you send me the file to fix?
Thanks!!
9 years 5 months ago #7387

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Video not auto-playing with IE 11+ on Windows v8

@ GreenixMKTG,

What video file format do you use ? In IE 11+, the video is played by HTML5 video element. So, please don't use video formats like FLV. Kindly try using MP4 video format.
9 years 5 months ago #7391

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies