New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Video not playing in IE11

• Shane
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Video not playing in IE11 was created by Shane

When trying to play a MP4 or M4V video on my site using Internet Explorer 11, I receive the following error:

Error: Unsupported video type or invalid file path

However, it plays correctly on Firefox and on mobile devices. I am using a responsive template on my website, and I have the Flash Player Plugin installed on IE.

Can you please advise possible resolution steps?

Thanks.
9 years 8 months ago #7168

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Video not playing in IE11

You should be using our DIRECT URL method and adding relative file paths of your video files. Kindly try using absolute video file paths. It will be better, if you could share me your site link in where I can check this directly.
9 years 8 months ago #7169

• Shane
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Shane on topic Re: Video not playing in IE11

Yes, I am using DIRECT URL method and absolute file paths. Unfortunately, the site is a private site so I cannot provide you a link.
9 years 8 months ago #7170

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Video not playing in IE11

You should be using > IE 10 and from IE 10+ we use HTML5 fallback to play your videos. The MP4 video format should play well in IE with HTML5 fallback. But,I'm not sure what is going wrong in your case. Are you comfortable in sharing your site link to our mail ID atleast ?

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
9 years 8 months ago #7171

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies