New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Chrome suddenly stopped playing videos from YT.

• don
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Chrome suddenly stopped playing videos from YT. was created by don

Hello,

I recently updated to version 2.2.0 and all videos were working perfectly fine. In the past couple of days however something happened to Chrome and it cant play ANY video anymore (I am using version 33.0.1750.117 m). I tried all my YouTube videos so far as well as videos on my server (Direct URL).

The video player appears on the page (without any static image being pulled though) and when i click on the play button it just keeps loading and spinning forever. If i try the option of embedding a code (Third Party EmbedCode -e.g. from YouTube videos) which as i understand bypasses the player, the video then appears and plays normally.

All my other browsers play the video fine (Firefox (version 27.0.1), Safari (version 5.1.7), Internet Explorer (version 11.0.3).

I also tried clearing all cache, different computers, different videos, different ip addresses, etc.

Is there any suggestion or anything i could try to remedy the situation?
Thanks
10 years 1 month ago #6618

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Chrome suddenly stopped playing videos from YT.

This is a known issue. We recently updated our same 2.2.0 version with the fix. So, just download the "All Video Share" package again from the site and install it again over the top of your existing installation.
10 years 1 month ago #6620

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Niko on topic Re: Chrome suddenly stopped playing videos from YT.

Hi
I download the component on 27.02.2014 at 11 h AM GMT+2 but the issue still exist. Videos are playing on Firefox and Torch browser but not in Chrome. I work on Windows 8 and XAMMP and Joomla 2.5.18. Not playing youtube and local video files too.

Best Regards
10 years 1 month ago #6625

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Chrome suddenly stopped playing videos from YT.

Apologies. I found that the player breaks in chrome when the "language filter" plugin is enabled. I will update the download package with the solution in few minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: don
10 years 1 month ago #6629

We have updated the same 2.2.0 package with the solution now. Just download it again from the site and install it over the top of your existing installation.

Let me know if this works !
The following user(s) said Thank You: don, Niko
10 years 1 month ago #6630

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Niko on topic Re: Chrome suddenly stopped playing videos from YT.

Hi

It still not work after update. If I disable language switch plugin it works.

Best Regards,
Niko
10 years 1 month ago #6632

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies