New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

How does an non-video person get started?

• Trinity Presbyterian Church
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

How does an non-video person get started? was created by Trinity Presbyterian Church

This is the first video on our site. Since it's still under-development, you can only see the front-end with this link: ( www.tpcmckinney.org/index.php?option=com...=featured&Itemid=324 ).

All I really want to do is to play one(1) video. First, my video was a one-GB .mpg file. The code rejected that so, not knowing anything else, I converted it to a 116 MB .flv (what format should I really use by preference). It sits on our Linix based Joomla site. I have 2 problems (that I can see).

(1) It doesn't work (that's a biggy). When I try to play it, I get message "NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound."

(2) It's a large file (possibly 10-15 minutes). I don't want the user to wait until it is loaded, so, if there's an option to start as soon as it has the first bit, then that's what I want. Obviously, since I haven't made it work yet, I don't know if this is the default, an option, or not possible.

I have a bunch of screen shots that I would be happy to attach, but I can't figure out how to do it. It's obviously not my day.
Thanks, Mike
11 years 7 months ago #2841

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: How does an non-video person get started?

I found you have provided an invalid video file path. Kindly check the troubleshooting tips from allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/forum/7-addin...2836-direct-url#2842

We recommend using Handbrake as the encoder for your .mpg files. And the recommended output is MP4 or M4V.

Using Handbrake to encode your videos :

Kindly use the default Profile but remember to Check the small Web optimized box from the Tool. It ensures the metadata of your video is written at the start, so Flash can swiftly see its duration and dimensions.

Hope, this fixed your issue...
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Administrator.
11 years 7 months ago #2843

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Trinity Presbyterian Church on topic Re: How does an non-video person get started?

Thank you for your assistance.

I rebuilt the video to the MP4 format using Handbrake. I also updated the path to be as specified except of course .flv is now .mp4. I still get Netstream.Play.StreamNotFound message, however. My link is: www.tpcmckinney.org/images/stories/Celeb..._Garden/cg-video.mp4
With the link I assume you could try to play it also to ensure that the link is actually correct. I've rechecked it multiple times.

I am using the default profile. You also said to "remember to Check the small Web optimized box from the Tool." I don't know what that means.

I have also changed the menu item to type "com_allvideoshare >> Video" and specified the precise video as there is only one. I get the same message (which I assume is what you would expect). I'm just grabbing at straws now.

What about the "Server Information" values. Could any of these create the problem? E.g. the upload_max_filesize is 64M. My file-size is 342 MB. The max_input_time is 60. If that's in seconds, I'm sure it takes longer to load and certainly to play.

I appreciate any help you can give,
--Thanks, Mike
11 years 7 months ago #2852

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Trinity Presbyterian Church on topic Re: How does an non-video person get started?

I have resolved the path issue. Being a Windows person, I had forgotten that file names in Linux are case sensitive. My file name was in caps. It was easiest just to rename the file in lower-case, and now it works. [THANK YOU!]

That leaves 2 questions:

(1) It is a long video and takes 5-8 minutes before it starts. Is there some way to get around that? If I point to it with a browser, it starts to play almost immediately. Is there a way to make your product work similarly?

(2) I would also like to put a link in a Joomla module that will play it directly. Is that possible? Can you point me to something that tells me how?

Thanks, Mike
11 years 7 months ago #2853

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: How does an non-video person get started?

1. Web Optimized check box which I mentioned in previous post is the cause for this issue. I am not able to attach the screenshot here...So, will mail to your mail ID.

2. No, You need to add your Videos in the Components's Video Manager. Then you can select the Video from the Videos select box of Player Module.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Administrator.
11 years 7 months ago #2854

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I can't see the attached screen-shot.
11 years 7 months ago #2855

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies