New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Hear but not see mp4 - MOOV not the problem

• wendye
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Hear but not see mp4 - MOOV not the problem was created by wendye

[attachment:1]q2ind.JPG[/attachment]
Hello

Im trying to play an mp4 - I can hear but can't see. I reveiwed the general forum response to this issue So I downloaded QTindexSwapper2. I ran my video through the program in it indicated that MOOV was in the correct place. I have included a screen shot of the player. Can you suggest some other possible problems or things that I can try to fix this issue?

Thanks
Wendye
12 years 2 weeks ago #232

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Hear but not see mp4 - MOOV not the problem

I have not got the screenshot but I can guess the issue.

Since you can hear the Audio but not Video, then the issue should be with the Video Codec. I don't want to explain the codec technically and confuse you. Just follow the steps below as the solution,

If your Videos doesn't have suitable codec, then you need to re-encode your videos using some brilliant encoders. There are many paid encoders like Apple's Final cut pro which does the job perfect. But it is a good news that there is a Free tool called Handbrake which does the same job. Output format as MP4 or MFV will be recommended.

If still you face the same issue even after re-encoding, then kindly get me your Video Download link.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wendye
12 years 2 weeks ago #234

• Alex
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Alex on topic Re: Hear but not see mp4 - MOOV not the problem

I have the same problem with my .flv files. Some of them play fine, others I get the audio but no video (just a black screen).

I downloaded HandBrake as recommended and converted my .flv files to .mp4 files and they play perfectly. Also the added benefit is that I can compress my .mp4 files (using HandBrake) to 70% of the original .flv file size.

Any recommendations as to whether MP4 is better than MFV, or what video codec to use (H.264, MPEG-4 or MPEG-2) to get the best quality video but still keep file sizes reasonably small (I find that I am getting file sizes approx 4MB per 1 minute of video - is that normal/good?)
12 years 2 days ago #500

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Hear but not see mp4 - MOOV not the problem

Fine...Looks good:)

We always recommend MP4 as the Video format with H264 Video Codec and AAC Audio Codec.
12 years 1 day ago #502

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies