New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Link Category thumbnail to video page with player

• Tony Murray
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Link Category thumbnail to video page with player was created by Tony Murray

Hi again :blush:
I have set up a category page with the category thumbnails displayed. When I click on a category thumbnail it takes me to the correct page, but... how do I modify the page. i.e. How do I show the player on the page with the videos in that category & how do I add the border around the thumbnails (as in your demo)?
I'm sure its something simple.
Thanks
11 years 1 month ago #5392

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Link Category thumbnail to video page with player

Adding border around the thumbnails

It seems you're repeating the same query again. Kindly check allvideoshare.mrvinoth.com/forum/14-gene...-the-thumbnails#5343

How do I show the player on the page with the videos in that category.

In Categories layout, You need to click any video thumbnail in order to load the player.
11 years 1 month ago #5395

• Tony Murray
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Tony Murray on topic Re: Link Category thumbnail to video page with player

1/ I wasn't sure if it was the same process for these thumbnails as the others. But I'll go back and do the same edit as I did on the others. Thanks.
2/With the player loading once you click on a thumbnail... not the layout or function that I was after.
Is it possible to have the categories link to a page i.e. set up a page with a player and the video thumbnails in a category similar to your classic example but instead of having 'latest videos' have all the videos in that category?
11 years 1 month ago #5398

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Link Category thumbnail to video page with player

It's simple.

- Go to "Components/All Video Share/General Configuration/Video Page Settings"

- Select the layout as 'Player with Related videos'.

- Save the form.

- Then create a new menu in Menu Manager using our "Videos Layout"(remember to "Select a Video" using the right side param section).

- By doing so, a new page will be created in front-end with the selected video above and other videos of the same category below it as gallery.

- That's it.

Hope, this is what you need.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Administrator.
11 years 1 month ago #5399

• Tony Murray
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Tony Murray on topic Re: Link Category thumbnail to video page with player

You're right, its easy to create the page. But how do I make the Category thumbnail link to this new page?
11 years 1 month ago #5400

Do you mean to link the category thumbnails from "All Video Share Gallery" module and the page you have created ? If yes, this is not possible for categories view in default. Kindly mail me your Joomla admin and Server FTP details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, I can do this on my own.
11 years 1 month ago #5402

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies