New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

disable Direct url and General Upload

• tesfu alazar
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

disable Direct url and General Upload was created by tesfu alazar

Hi, I would like to know how to remove the front-end the ability to upload video files from users of the site.i want remove the ability Direct Url and General Upload.i need just the ability youtube link because of limitations issues for hosting. can u help me please?
11 years 7 months ago #3017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: disable Direct url and General Upload

There is no any configurable option to do it. But, I can guide you by editing the core files.

1. Open {root} / components / com_allvideoshare / views / user / tmpl / default_add.php

2. Search for following lines and just remove them.
<option value="url" id="url"><?php echo JText::_('DIRECT_URL'); ?></option>
 <option value="upload" id="upload"><?php echo JText::_('GENERAL_UPLOAD'); ?></option>
Note : Do the same in {root} / components / com_allvideoshare / views / user / tmpl / edit.php

Hope, this solved your issue ...
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Administrator.
11 years 7 months ago #3020

Replied by Daniel1984 on topic Re: disable Direct url and General Upload

There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job! good luck
11 years 7 months ago #3046

Replied by LOxEN on topic Re: disable Direct url and General Upload

Hello, I would like to make the "General Upload" the default and the only option of posting a video on the site. I have disabled Youtube and 3rd-party options from the admin panel so now the only options showing up in the drop down menu are: "Direct URL" and "General Upload". I would like to totally remove the "Type" option having the "General Upload" set to default. So the "Video" and "HD Video" forms(where you insert the Youtube video link) don't even appear. Just the "Choose File" buttons.

I would be very grateful if you could help me :)
11 years 3 months ago #5167

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: disable Direct url and General Upload

Dear Loxen,

Sure, Kindly mail me your Server FTP details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, I can assign a developer to do this.

Thanks
11 years 3 months ago #5168

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by michael green on topic Re: disable Direct url and General Upload

Helli, i just tried to enter the general upload code that you posted and it did not remove my general upload option...
i am using version 2.0

<option value="upload" id="upload"><?php echo JText::_('GENERAL_UPLOAD'); ?></option>

I commented out only this code in both...
default_add.php
edit.php

any ideas what i can do..
thanks..great software
10 years 11 months ago #5580

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies