New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

AllVideoShare override the article - in facebook

• jwndev
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

AllVideoShare override the article - in facebook was created by jwndev

To reproduce this issue:

1) Go to an article, copy the address (Joomla SEF enabled);
2) Open your facebook, paste the article url you copied into the Post box. You don't have to click on the post button, just wait for the intro text out and you will see the article title is the Video's title in AllVideoShare.

So all the facebook post articles will have the same 'AllVideoShare's video title. If you check the html source, you will see a line:

<meta property="og:title" content="{All Video Share title}" />

This line was generated in models/player.php, line 136. If you comment this line out in the source code and not generating the above line, everything is fine in facebook.

Why this line override the <title>Blah Blah</title> in <head> tag in facebook?

I appreciate it if you can look into it.

thanks,

Ray
10 years 4 months ago #6322

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: AllVideoShare override the article - in facebook

As you know "All Video Share - player" itself have Facebook share option. So, we need certain "og:tags" in your site <head> to make Facebook share work properly for our extension. Commenting the following line might cause issues in direct component pages. Alternatively, I can help you removing it only from article pages. Let me know your thoughts ?
10 years 4 months ago #6323

• jwndev
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by jwndev on topic Re: AllVideoShare override the article - in facebook

Administrator wrote: As you know "All Video Share - player" itself have Facebook share option. So, we need certain "og:tags" in your site <head> to make Facebook share work properly for our extension. Commenting the following line might cause issues in direct component pages. Alternatively, I can help you removing it only from article pages. Let me know your thoughts ?

Thank you so much, admin.

Please fix it to have the og:tags not showing on article so that facebook can grab the title correctly (you can revert my change to that line 136 in player.php.

I've replied to your email and the site url, joomla username/pwd and ftp acctount are still the same one I sent you with another question (IE not show).

regards,

Ray
10 years 4 months ago #6326

• jwndev
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Administrator wrote: As you know "All Video Share - player" itself have Facebook share option. So, we need certain "og:tags" in your site <head> to make Facebook share work properly for our extension. Commenting the following line might cause issues in direct component pages. Alternatively, I can help you removing it only from article pages. Let me know your thoughts ?

Hi Admin,

are there any luck with my site on this issue fix?

Thanks,
jwn
10 years 4 months ago #6327

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: AllVideoShare override the article - in facebook

We fixed the issues and replied to your mail ID immediately by DEC 11. Did you checked it ?
10 years 4 months ago #6328

• jwndev
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Thanks a lot! I will test again tomorrow. I may need to make sure the versions on both my test and production are the same.

Jwn
10 years 4 months ago #6329

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies