New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

How to prevent single video starting when entering a page

• Patrick Frithiof
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

How to prevent single video starting when entering a page was created by Patrick Frithiof

I'd like to know how I can prevent a single video from starting when entering a page. Has it something to do with 'cache'?
If I refresh the page, the video does not start again, which seems weird to me...
Thanks,
Patrick
7 months 3 weeks ago #10158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic How to prevent single video starting when entering a page

1. Kindly go to the "Components => All Video Share" menu from your Joomla Admin Dashboard.
2. Click the "Options" button from the top right corner of the page.
3. Find the "Autoplay" option, disable it, save the changes, and check now.

Hope this solved your issue!
7 months 3 weeks ago #10159

• Patrick Frithiof
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by Patrick Frithiof on topic How to prevent single video starting when entering a page

It was already set to 'No' but I tried to activate and de-activate again, but no luck!
7 months 3 weeks ago #10161

Replied by Administrator on topic How to prevent single video starting when entering a page

The proposed solution works only when the videos are played by our custom video player. I doubt that you add iframe embed code from third-party websites. So, the autoplay should have been enabled in the embed code itself. Kindly share with us your site address to check this directly So, we can get a clue about the issue and assist you accordingly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben
7 months 3 weeks ago #10162

• Patrick Frithiof
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by Patrick Frithiof on topic How to prevent single video starting when entering a page

Aha, so for YouTube videos this does NOT work :(
I do not use iFrame nor will I....
7 months 2 weeks ago #10165

Sorry, there is a misunderstanding. The solution should work for the YouTube videos too.

Thanks for the admin access. I see you only have 2 videos but both are self-hosted. Also, I don't see any pages on the front end of your website that use our extension. Maybe you have removed that. Kindly share with us an example page URL from your website where we can check the issue directly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben
7 months 2 weeks ago #10168

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies