New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Chrome stalls & times out

• Don Cornelson
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Chrome stalls & times out was created by Don Cornelson

J 4.4.2

Hello. I'm having issues with Chrome. I have the latest version. I am attaching a zipped mp4 screenshot of what's happening.

The videos are extremely slow to load, stall, jerk, and time out. I have tested on Opera, Firefox, Android, and iPhone and they display correctly. I have done all the obvious, cleared cache, disabled extensions, turned hardware acceleration on/off, etc. Nothing seems to help.

Any ideas?
3 months 2 days ago #10193

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Chrome stalls & times out

I see the video frequently buffering. Do you speak abut the same? I see the issue occurs even when I directly load your MP4 file URL in the browser.

Kindly re-encode your video file using Handbrake handbrake.fr/ (Free) tool. Then upload the re-encoded file.
Recommended CODECs are,
Video: H264
Audio: AAC  
Output Format: MP4

Handbrake is a FREE encoder which you can use to re-encode your videos. Kindly refer to the "Encoding H.264 Video with HandBrake" section in diveintohtml5.info/video.html for more details.

For most advanced usage, please check vimeo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/224978308-HandBrake
and
vimeo.com/help/compression   

Hope this solved your issue.  
Last edit: 3 months 1 day ago by Administrator.
3 months 1 day ago #10194

• Don Cornelson
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by Don Cornelson on topic Chrome stalls & times out

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I use Handbreak so I am familiar. I have reduced the file size substantially, most videos are less than 20 MB, but there are still issues with the buffering. Are there other things I can do to have them load more quickly, or is it purely a size issue? I can't imagine 20 MB videos can't load without buffering issues.
2 months 4 weeks ago #10195

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Chrome stalls & times out

I confirm the videos on your website playing smoothly now. Kindly double-check by clearing your browser cache. If still the issue remains, kindly check the same in a different system.
Maybe the issue occurs only on certain videos. So, kindly share with us an example page URL that is slow. So, we can check with the same.
2 months 4 weeks ago #10196

• Don Cornelson
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by Don Cornelson on topic Chrome stalls & times out

Thank you. I'll keep working on it and let you know if I still have issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Administrator
2 months 3 weeks ago #10197

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies