New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Display problem with Vimeo

• Alan Sillitoe
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Display problem with Vimeo was created by Alan Sillitoe

I really appreciate the possibility to add videos stored in Vimeo in the latest version of All Video Share, which automatically locates the thumb and preview images: an otherwise awkward and time consuming task.

However, I seem to be experiencing a problem in that videos stored using the Vimeo type do not display correctly. The status bar at the bottom of the video appears as if duplicated.

For an example, please see europe.upf.org/resources/videos/video/in...e-africa-summit-2018

This does not occur if the Vimeo video is saved using the third party embedcode. The problem occurs both when the video is accessed directly through the menus and when it is embedded in an article using the plugin.

Do you have any idea what is causing this?
6 years 3 months ago #8934

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Display problem with Vimeo

When you use VIMEO type, we will use their API to play using our custom player. In such case, you will see 2 control bars if you don't have a PRO account from VIMEO. Kindly check help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/2249699...e-of-embedded-videos
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Administrator.
6 years 3 months ago #8935

• Alan Sillitoe
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by Alan Sillitoe on topic Re: Display problem with Vimeo

The videos I am displaying are stored in a PRO VIMEO account and yet I still have 2 control bars.
6 years 3 months ago #8936

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Display problem with Vimeo

When you say 2 controls bars, one comes from our custom player which uses their API and the other comes from the Vimeo itself. So, the solution is to hide the Vimeo controls from your Vimeo PRO account.

To be honest, I don't have a PRO Vimeo account. But, as per their instructions in this page help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/2249699...e-of-embedded-videos , this must work if you have disabled the player controls from your PRO Vimeo account. Kindly double check if you have did this correctly. If possible kindly send us your Vimeo account access details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, I can check this on my own.
6 years 3 months ago #8938

• Alan Sillitoe
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Replied by Alan Sillitoe on topic Re: Display problem with Vimeo

Sorry, I didn't quite understand. I have resolved the problem following your instructions. Thank you very much.

I first tried to edit the overall embed settings for the Vimeo account, but that didn't seem to work. Then, I changed the embed settings for one of the individual videos and that worked. It may be that I don't yet quite understand how to set the overall default settings properly or that these default settings only apply when one creates a new video. I will look into this. I'm sorry that I'm not really at liberty to share the access to this Vimeo account.

Alan Sillitoe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Administrator
6 years 3 months ago #8940

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies